TITLE: Systems Data Analyst (OTU-2310)
JOB TYPE: Co-op /Internship
REPORTING TO: Senior Engineer / Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: N/A
The Systems Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing data to provide valuable insights and support decision-making that aligns with WGD Consulting’s organizational objectives. The incumbent will review complex data sets using a variety of analytical tools to translate findings into qualitative/quantitative results; guiding strategic organizational decision making to improve operational effectiveness. Under the direction of WGD Project Management/Leadership, the incumbent will utilize their analytical knowledge and skills to identify statistical trends within the WGD project delivery structure.
Project specific duties to include:
- Collect and gather data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and external APIs.
- Clean, validate, and preprocess data to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and visualizations to communicate insights effectively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and provide data-driven solutions.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure business performance.
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling to identify correlations and causations.
- Interpret data and provide actionable recommendations to improve processes, optimize strategies, and achieve business goals.
- Monitor data quality and integrity, troubleshooting and resolving data-related issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analysis and visualization.
General duties to include:
- Ongoing learning of industry trends and changes in technology to ensure that project delivery method is current and relevant to client needs.
- Continuous review of project timelines related to systems integration, engineering, and cyber security (technical and non-technical).
- Other position relevant duties as assigned by WGD Leadership to support project operations.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- One (1+) years’ experience working as a Data Analyst or in a similar analytical role
- Proficiency in data manipulation and analysis tools such as Excel, Python, R, SQL, etc
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large datasets and extract meaningful insights
- Understanding of statistical concepts and data modeling techniques
- Effective communication skills to convey complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations and best practices in data security
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem-solve using critical thinking and contingency planning.
- Professional command of the English language in technical writing both spoken and written in all communications and presentation settings.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to translate complex technical information into easy-to-understand language.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
- Sound knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, data management, information systems or combination of skills and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and asset.
- Possession of SAS, CompTIA or similar certification are considered an asset.
WGD Consulting Inc. (WGD) is a design, engineering, project management, and integration firm, specializing in operational technology (OT) systems; focused on identifying, resolving and delivering solutions for large, complex public infrastructure projects. Our people have a proven track record to ensure the systems designed will be delivered and compliant as intended. We have the experience to design, engineer solutions, configure, test, program and integrate systems to ensure project agreement (PA) compliance and operational readiness.
WGD follows a systems engineering approach to identify issues early, throughout the design and build phases. This reduces project risk and costly rework and redesign. To date, WGD has successfully saved projects tens of millions of dollars by providing solutions to complex integration challenges and delivering projects in a cost effective and timely manner.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
WGD Consulting supports an equitable and inclusive work environment. We believe the unique skills and experiences of a diverse workforce are crucial to our success. We would encourage all applicants who may be are interested to apply. WGD Consulting also engages in barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known so that we may address your needs.
Submit your application