TITLE: Network Services Integration Assistant
JOB TYPE: Co-op /Internship
REPORTING TO: Senior Engineer / Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: N/A
The Network Services Integration Assistant acts as a liaison between the Project Manager and stakeholders to assist and support, the ongoing requirements of new and existing clients. The Network Services Integration Assistant is detail-oriented, consistently delivers project completion on time, has excellent management and communication skills.
Project specific duties to include:
- Assist with the review of policies and supporting procedures/processes to identify gaps.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking of audit engagements to include coordinating with necessary stakeholders, crafting responses for review and approval.
- Assist with the review, analysis and provision of guidance for Information Assurance Vulnerability Management compliance scans on networks & computing devices.
- Other security-related projects that may be assigned according to skills such as assist in maintaining the Information Security Risk Registry.
- Develop working knowledge of information system standards such as American Public Transportation Association (APTA), US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), etc.
General duties to include:
- Assist with document management and control.
- Assist with reviewing design documents and drawings.
- Assist with verification and validation between construction and engineering design documents.
- Assist with resolving interface issues that may arise for installation of systems.
- Review documents related to systems integration, engineering, and cyber security (technical and non-technical) documents.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Self-starter with the ability to show significant initiative
- High energy level with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Must be pursuing a University Degree (BSc. Engineering), or college diploma related to engineering, technology, or computer science.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Knowledge of security toolsets (Logging, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), FIM, Security information and event management (SIEM).
- Knowledge of Virtualization Software and Technologies.
WGD Consulting Inc. (WGD) is a design, engineering, project management, and integration firm, specializing in operational technology (OT) systems; focused on identifying, resolving and delivering solutions for large, complex public infrastructure projects. Our people have a proven track record to ensure the systems designed will be delivered and compliant as intended. We have the experience to design, engineer solutions, configure, test, program and integrate systems to ensure project agreement (PA) compliance and operational readiness.
WGD follows a systems engineering approach to identify issues early, throughout the design and build phases. This reduces project risk and costly rework and redesign. To date, WGD has successfully saved projects tens of millions of dollars by providing solutions to complex integration challenges and delivering projects in a cost effective and timely manner.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
WGD Consulting supports an equitable and inclusive work environment. We believe the unique skills and experiences of a diverse workforce are crucial to our success. We would encourage all applicants who may be are interested to apply. WGD Consulting also engages in barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known so that we may address your needs.
Submit your application